Here in Sandwich...
Dexter's Grist Mill is a popular site, especially early in the season when thousands of alewives run upstream to the mill pond above. You can also visit the Thornton W. Burgess Museum and the Hoxie House, one of the oldest houses on Cape Cod.
- There are a number of excellent golf courses in Sandwich and all around the Cape.
- The Sandwich Boardwalk takes you across salt marshes to Town Neck Beach. This beautiful walk through marshes to a rocky beach provides many spectacular sunsets.
- Heritage Museum & Gardens - New England's most attractive museum and gardens, including antique cars, antique carousel and more.
- Sandwich Glass Museum - Internationally known for beautiful 19th century glass made here in Sandwich.
- Many beautiful swimming beaches are within a few minutes drive.
- Whale watches leave from Barnstable Harbor, 10 minutes away.
- Historic Plymouth is just across the Canal, home of Cranberry World, Plimoth Plantation, Plymouth Rock, The Mayflower and much more.
- The cranberry harvest is a major fall attraction.
- The Cape Cod Canal and other bike trails are nearby.
- Cranberry Bog Tours - riding tour of organic cranberry bog and farm animals. Enjoyed by adults and kids.
- Mid-Cape Hoop School - weekly summer basketball camp for ages 9-18 - professional staff
- Brandi Ellen Sportfishing - 4-8 hour fishing charters - "We catch fish"
- “Nothin Yet” Sportfishing - economical charter with experienced captain.
Other easily reached attractions include:
- Boston - just 1-1/4 hours, walk the Freedom Trail, see historic sights, New England Aquarium, JFK Museum, Museum of Science, Fine Arts, many others.
- Newport - also 1-1/4 hours away, home of fabulous mansion tours and the Cliff Walk.
- Cape Cod National Seashore - see the sand dunes and swim at beautiful beaches, 45 minutes.
- Provincetown - a day of shopping, streetside eateries, fun and exhibits at the tip of Cape Cod. The first landing spot of the pilgrims.
- The Islands! Nantucket & Martha's Vineyard - the ferries leave from nearby Hyannis and Woods Hole.
|The Earl of Sandwich Motel
Old King's Highway, 378 Route 6A
East Sandwich, Massachusetts 02537